Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Star Adventurer

Hi guys

ive had a go tonight setting this up. I set it up with 6 at the bottom and locked the clutch, then lined up Polaris. What I’m not sure on though is do I release the clutch after lining up, letting the counter weight bar hang down, or do I leave it tight with the bar sticking out at the side.

hope you get what I mean?

I first point the camera in the generic direction where I 'm going to image. In this position, with the clutch fully unlocked I balance the counterweight. 

Now I rotate the RA Axis to position the reticle with 6 on the bottom and use the Star Adventurer Mini app to position Polaris.  In this phase the clutch is only just set to avoid any rotation, but as everything is balanced you could even leave it free. 

Finally, I bring the RA back in the imaging position and Lock the cluch lightly, avoiding to spoil the PA. Just before shooting, I verify that the polar star is still on the circle, to confirm PA. 

This assumes your camera is directly mount ed on the L-bracket, without an additional ballhead. 

A bit complicated, maybe, but with such a lightweight setup I want to double check everything. 

With my HEQ5 I'm much more easygoing!  ?

Clear skies, Fabio

Archived