NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

a lil advice on scope choice

I know shouldnt be ressurecting this, but thought I'd let everyone know that I went along to the meeting and met a few folks there. Saw a few scopes and the members kindly educated me on them with regards to handling etc. Also got pointers & tips on how to find my way around the sky, my old Carl Ziess Zena 10x50s got some interest too.

Anywho thought I would let everyone know that the Celestron 80ED APO it is for me, I should be able to handle that, of course it might have to wait a bit now, just passed my driving test and really need to sort a car out before anything else (only flaw with living out in the middle of nowhere)

Plenty of time to find/pick out a cheap mount or choose to get a really good one as i'll have time to sort out some more cash maybe.

Did say i'd keep everyone updated so thats it for the moment, most likely will get the scope early next year aroudn feb time most likely, time to raise funds and sort my car out. Transport always helps especially when it comes to getting to a dark sky location.

EDIT; I'd just like to thank everyone for their help, especially Ian who gave me great advice about how to make sure that my problems wont stop me enjoying the night sky :hello1: You'll all wonderful :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived