Pinwheel Galaxy

smr

Think I'll add to this data but I'm quite pleased with this so far. It's my first time imaging this galaxy. For some reason my Goto has a job finding it with two star alignment, when other DSOs its finds and centres first time, maybe I have to do a 3 star alignment with this one?

Anyhow, this is 2 hours of subs at 5 mins each collected last night
17 flats 
50 bias
ISO 400

Pinwheel-Galaxy-jpeg.thumb.jpg.a559ab6b9637c89353c65c8dc2dd0ad4.jpg

2 hours ago, gonzostar said:

Hi good image. like it

As always more detail is always good. I am currently imaging this galaxy aswell.  To find it i every night i sync my scope  to Alkaid and then GOTO  finds m101 

Thanks, the good thing is I'm pretty much unobstructed with my view to the East, compared to the West. So I will have plenty of time for the galaxies on that side of Space to image, so I'm looking forward to more data and bringing out more detail and colour in M101. 

The only problem is I have 430mm focal length so it's not ideal as some of the galaxies look quite small in the fov. I guess M101 is about the biggest in terms of fov, along with M31?

Archived