Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Explore Scientific 26 mm, 62 degree

Thinking of buying this to use with my Celestron C5. If my calculations are correct it should give a true field of view of 1.3 degrees. 

Does anyone own one of these eyepieces. What are they like to use? 2

I've chosen the ES 26mmf/62° LER eyepiece instead of the ES 24mmf/68° for my Skywatcher Heritage 130 P Flextube one and a half years ago, and I'm quite pleased with it. My experiences are mostly congruent with the report on CN by russell23 -sharp, clear and bright images, neutral colour, good eye relief -even when I'm wearing glasses, the whole apparent field of view can be seen. No "kidney beaning", and a calm, relaxed viewing. Very well suited as an overview eyepiece, or, at f/5 in my case, giving a field of 2.5°, for extended objects (NaN or Veil with an UHC). Well corrected up to about 80-85% of the field's diameter, deteriorating beyond with astigmatism, but not annoying, IMO. The view reminds me of my Zeiss Jenoptem 10x50 binoculars - tack sharp in the middle, getting softer outwards, like the natural view with unaided eyes. -  Weighs considerably less than the 24/68, and is less expensive. Should work quite well with your C 5.

Hth.

Stephan

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update to say that I bought one of these eyepieces from FLO. It certainly gives my Celestron C5 another dimension. Eye relief generous. But no kidney bean effect. Can observe wearing glasses. Nice Eyepiece. 

Archived