SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Tadpoles (IC410) HaRGB from New Mexico & Sweden

gorann

This morning I noticed that Deep Sky West (DSW) Remote Observatory had freely put up Ha data for IC410 and I remebered that I had some two years old RGB data from my own obsy, so I entertained myself today with merging them. I have realized that some here call it "cheating" using data not coming from your own rig but I do not care when skies have been as they have been up here and my processing fingers are really itchy. I added the Ha to the red channel (blending mode lighten in PS) and a bit as Lum on a starless version of my RGB data and then I used the Ha stars as a mask to grab the coloured stars from my RGB image so they became nice and tight. Most of the sharpness comes from the DSW Ha data but without my RGB there would at least not have been any colour. The DSW data was captured with a Tak FSQ106 and QSI683 camera while I used my ES 127ED with a Canon 60Da for the RGB. Totally 14 hours.

C & S most welcome of course.

IMG2453-64NyPS14+DSWHa(red ch lighten)PS21smallSign.jpg

Archived