Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ5 Dual Axis Drive Handset Problem

gfletcher

Hi Guys

I don't know whether anyone else has had this problem but the battery pack plug connection into the socket in the handset seems a rather sloppy fit !

Its OK if you keep the handset vertical when using it but if you put it horizontal (which i do when using it) the connection seems to fail as the plug does not seat properly in the socket causing a temporay power failure until you put it in the vertical attitude again.

Any ideas how i could overcome this problem ?

thanks

guys

Graham

I had this problem with my EQ5 Gotostar. I used a bent paperclip to fish VERY carefully in the socket to bend the spring contact out slightly - if you use a torch and peer into the socket, you'll see it. Alternatively, a couple of winds of aluminium foil around the plug works, though you can't keep plugging it in an out. I found when I used the power connector supplied with my battery pack, it fitted a lot better than the one supplied with the mount.

Archived