Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sharpcap File Naming Help

The-MathMog

So after acquiring a dedicated astronomy camera, the ZWO ASI183MM, and going from Backyard Nikon to Sharpcap, I've been looking into ways that I can get the program to sort the files for me with names.

What I would preferably like, is for it to name the files themselves, as the target, and with the exposure length and gain, but I am not sure if and how that is possible. I've been noodling a bit with it, but it isn't as intuitive as I would like it to be.
Right now it creates sub-folders: "Date/Target Name/Time of sequence start" and then the file names with the time of the exposure. It works well enough, as it also produces the text file with all info, from cooler target temperature, exposure, time you name it. But sometimes I've changed these parameters during a capture sequence, and then the text file only matches half of the actual files.

Settings are changed under "File/Sharpcap Settings/File Names", if someone who isn't familiar with the program, but better at solving these issues, would have a look at it :D

Maybe it is also just a case of me needing to change my habits, but I hope that someone has some ideas of how I could change the file naming.

Thanks for your time, and if there is a better sub-forum for this, please redirect it! ;)

///Mathias M.

Archived