Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eqmod help please

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chrisshiilito

Not sure who I'm going to buy it from, there are quite a few places that knock out the FTDI 3.3v TTL usb cables/boards. I'm after some other electronics for a couple of projects so I may well end up buying it from where I buy the project kit from.

Reggie,

You need the 5V version of the FTDI TTL232R. The 3.3V version will not work as an EQDIRECT interface.

Chris.

• 2 months later...

The EQDIRECT-USB page says

To create the EQDIRECT-USB all theat is needed is to connect a 9 way "D" type plug to the flying lead of the TTL232R. The connections are as follows:

Solder Pin 6 of the 9 way D-type Plug to the Orange wire.

Solder Pin 9 of the 9 way D-type Plug to the Yellow wire.

Solder Pins 4 & 5 of the 9 way D-type Plug to the Black wire.

Can anyone confirm that both pins 4 AND 5 need to be connected to the Black wire?

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

With a lot of help from Beamish and Reggie I have gone down th route of FDTI/TTL and connected the fly

lead end direct to an RJ45 and all seems OK sofar , just waiting for clear skies to try it out. ( For HEQ5 Pro )

John

It's what this forum is all about ! Cheers . Hope you don't have to wait too long :(

Finished it last night with a solder bridge between pins 4 and 5 but it was too late to test it.

Sorry, I have only just seen this.

The way I normally create these dual connections is to use the wire portion of a simple resistor, solder one end to one of the pins, route the wire to where ever it needs to go & then solder the wire AND the cable at the same time.

You can even work in some heat shrink tubing if you want to be ultra-sure in keeping the connectors separate.

Works a treat.

Phil (who answers after the horse has bolted)

Archived