SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

StarSense with AVX

Hi all. I just bought one of those Celestron StarSense alignment gadgets in the hope I can get it working ok.

I use a AVX mount for both my SCT 8" Edge HD and a Skywatcher 100 mm refractor. Changing as the mood takes me!

It may be a daft question but should this accessory work with both scopes? I imagine  if it does it would have to be calibrated each time it's swapped over.

Thanks! David

Hi David, it can work on multiple scopes, the calibration can be saved for each scope (if I recall correctly, haven't seen mine working for a long time)

I used mine with a C8 but also in my WO ZS71.

I kind of cheated and set it up for the C8 and when using the ZS71  I just do the alignment routine then aim at a bright recognisable star - loosen mount clutches - centre star - tighten and use it like that. Takes a few seconds and seems to work a treat.

I'm working on attaching the Star sense to a small dovetail  to use on mount before scope is fitted to avoid faff of changing from one scope to other.

Archived