M33 from last night

geordie85

Here is my efforts of M33 from last night. The first image is from my QHY183C and WO FLT98 consisting of 30 x 300 second subs.

The 2nd image is my first run since having my WO star 71 back from FLO after re-collimation. There is slight star elongation on the left but as this was with my full frame canon 6D, I'm very happy with the results.

Unfortunately the dust bunnies moved around whilst taking the subs, so flats didn't work. but after several go's with AstroFlatPro (3rd image) it seems to have saved my image somewhat.

m33 30 subs.jpg

6d m33 before.jpg

6d m33 after.jpg

1 hour ago, PhotoGav said:

Could the star elongation with the Star71 be down to tilt rather than optics? What happens if you rotate the camera through 180º? Are the stars still elongated on the left or do they move to the right?

It probably is but last night was just a quick test between clouds to see how things are. 

I'll give it a proper going over next time we have a full clear night 

Archived