NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Quad Flat Field Follow On.. Would you be satisfied with this?

I posted earlier with regards to not getting as flatter field as i would expect from my Quad scope.    Clear nights here in the UK as we know are infrequent to say the least as imaging time is valuable.   I'm out at the moment shooting IC1396 - Elephants Trunk.  Seeing the images which are coming in, i'm starting to think that i should just be satisfied with what i am getting and concentrate on gathering data, rather than chasing what might not be such a significant problem with the flat field.

I've attached an .fit from this evening... would you be satisfed with this... or would you be chasing a flatter field?

Comments & critique always welcome!

IC1396 Elephants Trunk_ASI Camera (1)_G200_O50_Ha_-15C_300sec_1x1_11_11_2018_frame1.fit

Thank you, and great image!

ive just got hold of a zwo t2 tilt adapter, so going to give it a go and see if I can improve things.  But, I’m not going to waste a whole load of time on it.  If it works great, if it turns out to be something that consumes a lot of time, I honk I’ll just be content with the results as per the attachment 

On 11/11/2018 at 22:59, Aidan said:

I posted earlier with regards to not getting as flatter field as i would expect from my Quad scope.    Clear nights here in the UK as we know are infrequent to say the least as imaging time is valuable.   I'm out at the moment shooting IC1396 - Elephants Trunk.  Seeing the images which are coming in, i'm starting to think that i should just be satisfied with what i am getting and concentrate on gathering data, rather than chasing what might not be such a significant problem with the flat field.

I've attached an .fit from this evening... would you be satisfed with this... or would you be chasing a flatter field?

Comments & critique always welcome!

IC1396 Elephants Trunk_ASI Camera (1)_G200_O50_Ha_-15C_300sec_1x1_11_11_2018_frame1.fit

Don't post a FIT for download. The files are way too big and a JPEG has all the information we need for this test. Usual thing is to post a centre crop and a crop from each corner at full size. That way people can see straight away if there's an issue and what it might be.

Olly

Archived