Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is it possible to achieve focus using an OAG and DSLR/DSI in combo?

Tim

Hi TJ,

Glad you got is sorted out ... i'll be chasing you for advice now when i get round to rtying one out...

I have made an extension tube for a situation like this in the past but that needed 50mm extension... I have got a 1.25" extension tube here thats designed for use with a 1.25" focal reducer...

if you need it let me know ...

Billy...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if the guiding through the DSI works (still dubious tbh) then i'll be after a tube that is made to measure at the correct length to just drop in without worrying about focussing etc.

This thread has highlighted another area though whereby I'd be losing the ffect of the FR, and that is when using it with the moonlite focusser. I am going to measure it now but im sure the gap is more than 55mm.

Thanks for all the help advice etc

Damn.

Just when I thought i'd cracked it. I tried the OAG tonight under night conditions, and once again could not get the OAG to focus in both DSLR and DSI at the same time.

When I achieved this in daylight, I was forced to focus on a reasonably close object. At night the DSI still needed more inward travel to reduce the stars to stars instead of blobs.

I'm starting to think that it wont be possible to run them both together??? Putting the extension I had made onto the dsi simply made the problem worse, and took it further from focus.

Any ideas?

Cheers

TJ

Archived