Dew II

Brian28

Hi ,  there was already a resent post about Dew , but I didn't want to hijack it.. so started a new one ..

my observation and question is ..I was imaging last week and my scope and Canon camera got very wet ,I have an Orion Optics CT8 which  has Fans in the rear that stop the moisture on the mirrors , and I also run 2 dew ands  one near the front of the main scope and one around the front of the guide scope ..  

my question is , I am getting a new QHY camera this week ,  is it ok to run a  dew Band around the camera ? , I know the Sensor is cooled internally ,but will a band round the body cause any problems ?

has anyone got any advice

regards Brian

I would think that the heat from the sensor is channelled to the bodywork to dissipate/radiate away to external air. Therefore a heat band around the camera would (to me) be in a way counter productive.

Hi , I know they do a heater that can stick around the front of the camera body , around the sensor aperture . But wasn't sure about the body . If it isn't desirable to place a band around the body , then what do others use to eliminate the dew ? 

Archived