Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flying bat - SH2-129

don4l

This is the first proper test of the Chroma 3nm filter.  I have been surprised at how well it performs.  From what I've read, I was not expecting it to do so well on the weaker stuff because my oldish camera has fairly high read noise.  In fact, I also had 80m of Ha through my Astronomik 6nm filter which I didn't use in this image because it made the weak bits at the top of the image almost disappear.  I really don't understand enough to explain this.  I could see the structure in the 6nm data, but when I tried to combine it, the resulting colour image had much less definition in the top portion.

Funny thing is that when all your images have halos, you end up not noticing them.  However, once they are gone....

This is 145m Ha, 25m Blue and 20m Green, shot through an FSQ106 with an STL6303.

Processing in CCDStack and Picture Window Pro.

Comments very welcome - and yes I know that I should have rotated the camer by 10 degrees!

Sum sh129f3nm-1.jpg

Archived