Astrometry

I use the astrometry .net website to plate solve when setting up.

Last night was one of those night's where everything went wrong then when tried the usual plate solve the astrometry site is down.

Does anyone know why? Or if it will be back on? It's the only plate solve software I've successfully used.

1 minute ago, LightBucket said:

I think it works ok, but can’t download index files, that’s how I understand it, or have you already got the files downloaded and solving on your PC... .?

I do have the local index files on my observatory laptop, but not the one that I'm currently posting from - I just uploaded the image on line. Which indexes do you need as I think that i have most if not all of them downloaded, so could share the ones that you need.

Geof

Just now, geoflewis said:

I do have the local index files on my observatory laptop, but not the one that I'm currently posting from - I just uploaded the image on line. Which indexes do you need as I think that i have most if not all of them downloaded, so could share the ones that you need.

Geof

It’s actually a couple of the larger packs one I think is 8gb and the other 4gb in size, 4201 and 4202...

1 minute ago, LightBucket said:

It’s actually a couple of the larger packs one I think is 8gb and the other 4gb in size, 4201 and 4202...

let me fire up my obs laptop and check for those. If I have them I upload to dropbox and share a link

30 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

let me fire up my obs laptop and check for those. If I have them I upload to dropbox and share a link

8 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

Much appreciated....cheers.. :)

I found 4202, but not 4201 and after checking I don't have sufficient space to share all of the 4202 indexes via Dropbox in one pass. I could do that in phases, but not ideal and not everything that you need, also I have to head out today for my grandson's birthday (250 mile round trip) so can't do it all right now.

Sorry for raising you hopes.

I recall getting indexes from another sire, but can't locate it in my favourites. I'll keep looking and let you know.

Geof

You can download the inde files from the Astrortilla site...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/astrotortilla/

As I understand it you can just get the indexes without installing Astrotortilla by following Bryan Cashion's guidance notes (see word doc) at....

https://sourceforge.net/p/astrotortilla/discussion/general/thread/2a378312/?limit=25#c830/fa10

Hopefully something here will help...

Geof

2 minutes ago, geoflewis said:

You can download the inde files from the Astrortilla site...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/astrotortilla/

As I understand it you can just get the indexes without installing Astrotortilla by following Bryan Cashion's guidance notes (see word doc) at....

https://sourceforge.net/p/astrotortilla/discussion/general/thread/2a378312/?limit=25#c830/fa10

Hopefully something here will help...

Geof

Thanks very much for that...

The problem I have is I am a Linux user with Kstar and Ekos, so the programme itself is integrated with Astrometry, and so connects automatically to the site to download index files, I will have to check if there is a manual way to do it, there must be, it’s just I don’t know it...lol... :)

22 minutes ago, LightBucket said:

Thanks very much for that...

The problem I have is I am a Linux user with Kstar and Ekos, so the programme itself is integrated with Astrometry, and so connects automatically to the site to download index files, I will have to check if there is a manual way to do it, there must be, it’s just I don’t know it...lol... :)

Ok, I’m on the road now, but if you can’t solve it, I’ll download them for you tomorrow.

Geof

Archived