Bubble, M52 and ngc7538

don4l

This image contains 80m of OIII, but I haven't managed to blend it in very well.  I must do some research, but any quick pointers would be very much welcomed.  I process in CCDStack and Picture Window Pro (A PS lookalike - but doesn't run PS scripts).  I also have the Gimp.

This is a Ha(95m), G(24m), B(28)+OIII(80m) for a total time of 227m.

The halos are soon to be a thing of the past as my new Ha filter has arrived.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

NSum SH163Gb scaled.jpg

I'll have a play tomorrow and see if I can achieve the same effect manually.  I do like the changes you made.

I must admit that I had noticed the green in the bottom left, but I forgot to deal with it before posting.

Crop those edges! But that's a very nice image. (Crop the edges right at the start.  They will throw many of your processing tools, especially levels, right out of kilter.)

Assuming you have levels and blend modes between them in your programme I can suggest one way of adding OIII.

Make 3 copies of your HaLRGB.

Take one, split channels and paste OIII onto Green in blend mode lighten. Flatten and save as OIII to Green.

Take a second HaLRGB and do as above but pasting onto the blue channel and save as OIII to Blue.

Take the final HaLRGB and paste both the OIII to Green and OIII to Blue on top of it. By adjusting the opacity sliders you can balance the green-blue contribution of the OIII and the amount of each you want in the HaLRGB image.

Olly

3 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Crop those edges! But that's a very nice image. (Crop the edges right at the start.  They will throw many of your processing tools, especially levels, right out of kilter.)

Assuming you have levels and blend modes between them in your programme I can suggest one way of adding OIII.

Make 3 copies of your HaLRGB.

Take one, split channels and paste OIII onto Green in blend mode lighten. Flatten and save as OIII to Green.

Take a second HaLRGB and do as above but pasting onto the blue channel and save as OIII to Blue.

Take the final HaLRGB and paste both the OIII to Green and OIII to Blue on top of it. By adjusting the opacity sliders you can balance the green-blue contribution of the OIII and the amount of each you want in the HaLRGB image.

Olly

I'll try to do this later this evening.  I've got a copy of the Gimp, and I think that it can do what you suggest.

I could put up FITS files of the stacked Ha, OIII, G and B if anyone fancies playing with it!

Archived