Trifid Nebula M20

prejto

Finally, after overcoming a large number of issues with my remote setup at Martin Pugh's "Heaven's Mirror Observatory" in Yass, New South Wales (Australia) my Trius SX-46 and TEC180 are singing (in no small way not for the expert help of Martin). I decided on a fairly easy target to increase the odds in my favor. I hadn't quite realized that this isn't a very easy target to process being quite rusty.  I think it's safe to say that I spent 4X the time in processing compared to collecting (ca. 3 hrs each of RGB, 5 min subs). I used CCDStack, Pixinsight, and Photoshop CS-5. A link to the full size is below. Thanks for looking!

Peter

Equipment:  TEC-180FL, TEC flattener, SX Large FW with Astronomik Deep Sky RGB, Trius SX-46

Paramount MEII, TheSkyX

https://www.astrobin.com/full/369759/E/?nc=user

540642435_13.25Final.jpg.0e9445e7830375297afe456b2edbd47b.jpg

Hello "Brown Dwarf" (sorry I don't know your name). I appreciate your comment.

On a different website someone made a comment that the red (especially) and blue colours are off a bit and referred me to R. Gendler's Trifid to compare. I wonder if you feel the same? I do see differences but I'm not sure if I should be "adjusting" mine just to try to match someone else's image. I did not do any G2V calibration so I suppose the colour could be anything under the circumstances. In any case, it seems such a subjective issue.  Appreciate your thoughts.

Gendler's here: http://www.robgendlerastropics.com/M20NMS.html

Archived