SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New look for the TEC140FL

So TEC has just completed its first 140mm scopes with fluorite rather than the previous FPL53. 

At the same time, they’ve also given this scope a new ‘look’ as per the attached.

The views the scope gives are the key thing but it’s certainly an interesting change TEC have done. I think I’ll stick with my all white one...AAAAD2FA-90A4-4B74-BE16-B8AFF9C1E2D5.thumb.jpeg.7932012f6f4ce5a6ece47275d24d0c47.jpeg

C9E84B80-506F-44F5-9688-346D98DACEBD.jpeg

A change in the colour of the dewsheild represents radical re-branding chez TEC!  (How nice to see a simple, uncluttered design free from the scribblings of ADHD graphic designers.)

While it's unlikely to happen, I'd love a chance to look through, and image with, the fluorite version. The regular one doesn't leave much room for improvement.

You have a capstan wheel on your rotating focuser. Where did that come from, you lucky fella? 

Olly

44 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

A change in the colour of the dewsheild represents radical re-branding chez TEC!  (How nice to see a simple, uncluttered design free from the scribblings of ADHD graphic designers.)

While it's unlikely to happen, I'd love a chance to look through, and image with, the fluorite version. The regular one doesn't leave much room for improvement.

You have a capstan wheel on your rotating focuser. Where did that come from, you lucky fella? 

Olly

The wheel was introduced to the 160 and 180 TECs last year. I don’t really use it but it looks nice ?

Archived