NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ZWO ASI 1600 pro mono Darks

Aidan

Got my first set of lights through the 1600 pro last night.  On first glance they look pretty good.  Perhaps a little under exposed... could probably have got to 4-5 mins on narrowband to bring the ADU up from around 1050. This was at gain 200 and 50 offset.

So, when it comes to darks, does the gain and offset stay the same as the lights, or is there a more optimal setting to go for?

cheers

Make all things the same, and this is needed for ASI1600.

Otherwise, with cameras that have well behaved bias signal (CCDs mostly) you can use different exposure darks and scale them, but I would not recommend that with ASI1600 - probably needs special kind of algorithm if at all possible.

Thanks for the confirmation.   Reason for asking, i have read in a few places that some are shoot subs at Gain 200 and Offset 50, but doing darks at Gain 200 and Offset at 10.   Is there any logic in that approach?

I like the more simple approach...   So i'm going to stick with what you suggest... like for like on Lights/Darks from a setting perspective!

3 hours ago, Aidan said:

Thanks for the confirmation.   Reason for asking, i have read in a few places that some are shoot subs at Gain 200 and Offset 50, but doing darks at Gain 200 and Offset at 10.   Is there any logic in that approach?

I like the more simple approach...   So i'm going to stick with what you suggest... like for like on Lights/Darks from a setting perspective!

No logic that I can see, it will in fact mess up ones calibration if they do it like that.

Archived