NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

andromeda

brrttpaul

ZWO 1600 mono HEQ 5 pier mount, LUM 30 secs x 120 bin 1x1, RGB 180secs each x 20 bin 2x2, in SGPRO. stacked in DSS (I did try in Pixinsight but i always encounter problems, IE not enough stars), DSS seems to just get on with it. then I processed in PIX and LR

"If it ain't broke, ..." ?

With my mono camera, I have settled on a manual process. Takes a little longer, but allows the use of the subframe selector script. With the many clouded nights, time is hardly ever an issue.

What I like with DSS is I can load all my lums or RGB whatever then check all, register checked pictures, when thats done its a simple matter of looking at the target count list picking the best one as a reference frame ( you can click on the top of the list so it runs from best to worse), the worst ones i just delete, all my bad frames are gone in one click, I then run it again using the best one as my ref frame and then stack, sounds long but it isnt , in Pix i  find it very long to get a very similar result

Archived