Comet 21P Giacobini-Zinner SH2-117

I've been following, and photographing, 21P Gia since June.  It has passed through thhe Hydrogen clouds of Cygnus, and passed just under the North American Nebula,  Elephant's Trunk, as well as the Heart and soul Nebulae. 

This Photo was taken on  the nights of 1/2/3 Aug and includes 115m Ha, 12m of Green and 18m of Blue.  One of the Ha 5m frames was superimposed to reveal the comet on the colour image.  The green tinge is a fortunate accident that occured as I blended in the comet.

I've also attached a gif taken over 25 minutes from 00:32 on 2/8.  Each frame is a 5m Ha exposure.  The field in the Gif is 1 degree.

Don

Sum SH171G-1PW1.jpg

SH171Ha.00000307Cal_.gif

20 hours ago, johnfosteruk said:

Good work Don.

Thank you, John.

I was also imaging it at the same time as you took your images on the morning of the first. I didn't get much of a result. It has now decended into a dome of light pollution from where I live.

Archived