NGC 7000 135mm

Scooot

I took my big Dob to my brothers farm Saturday night. Its in the middle of nowhere the other side of Finchingfield and very dark. The Milky Way stretched overhead and was visible down to about 10°, wonderful.  It’s the first time I’d used the 16” at a dark site and we had a fantastic time, looking mostly at old favourites. We gave up shortly after the moon began to brighten the sky so I set my canon going on the star adventurer.

This was the result of 72 minutes worth of 90 minute subs, ISO400, F2.8 with the sky gradually brightening. 759EFE73-6405-49B0-A512-C8D80A3D3E9A.thumb.png.a795acacaace1ecae85e7e1d88be1488.pngI noticed the star adventurer indicator light for low batteries towards the end of the run but it still did a fairly good job unguided. Hope you like it :)

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

You are getting pretty good at this imaging lark Richard :)

I was confused for a while, trying to work out exactly how you took that shot through a 16" dob.......DOH! ;)

Used my recently purchased Samyang 135mm F2. I like it it’s very good! Oh & thank you doh

Archived