Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Would this adapter work?

This is an "equipment" question, but doesn't really fit into any of the board-categories. If MODS think it would be better on a different board, please do the necessary.

I have a zwo 1600 camera and this adapter which allows me to attach my canon lenses and take widefield shots. If I want to use my NB filters, I currently have to dismantle the setup to change them manually, which is a pain.

There is another adapter that allows the fitting of a zwo filter wheel into the optical train and focus to still be achieved. The zwo filter wheel shows a width of either 20mm or 33mm, depending on which figure I'm supposed to use (not sure).

I currently have this filter wheel, which lists a whole array of measurements giving a width of 28.2mm upwards. I also have/could get extension rings in various sizes (but obviously not negative ones to reduce the distance!).

Forking out for another filter wheel is not an option (and, anyway, swapping the filters between the two wheels would be just as much of a pain). So my question is, would the shorter adapter allow me to achieve focus with my current filter wheel, or would I be wasting my money? [OK, @FLO have a reasonable refund policy, but getting one on a "suck it and see" basis and then returning it would do neither of us any favours.]

Thanks.

Archived