Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any meet ups around Banbury

2 hours ago, Dandromeda said:

Thanks mate ? I will start in my back garden for a week or 2 to get to know my way around the night sky then will feel confident enough to join more fellow stargazers

Hi

I'm also new to astronomy and not so far from you. Just the other side of Deddington.  I know CNAAG are an active group, though i've never been involved with them. I've thought about trying to catch up with those guys in the past but never done so. I'm quite fortunate to have what i think is a good viewing location from the back garden, though i've always struggles to read a book and look through telescope and bino's at the same time in the dark.

On 30/08/2018 at 19:30, Oat said:

Hi

I'm also new to astronomy and not so far from you. Just the other side of Deddington.  I know CNAAG are an active group, though i've never been involved with them. I've thought about trying to catch up with those guys in the past but never done so. I'm quite fortunate to have what i think is a good viewing location from the back garden, though i've always struggles to read a book and look through telescope and bino's at the same time in the dark.

Hi, yea that’s not too far at all, I’ve only just bought my bins the other day and have been hoping for a clear night but no luck so far.

my garden isn’t too bad although thee is a lot of light pollution due to all the street lamps.

i definitely want to setup somewhere dark enough and really get the most out of it, but I think it would probably feel a bit strange being stood in a field on my own at the early hours haha...

Archived