Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bahtinov grabber

Hi 

Having struggled to get focus bang on with ha filters over the last month I  went  on the hunt to find Bhatiinov grabber this afternoon having heard good things. It asks to input focal length of telescope which is 600mm on SW Ed80 but I'm using a. 0.85 reducer on there aswell so I need to input the new focal length taking this in to account.. 510mm.Is it correct to take fl with reducer as the correct figure here. 

Tia

600 x 0.85 = 510 as you say. However, things like reducer and camera spacing will have a small effect on that. Will they matter in this context? I very much doubt it. I just use a B mask manually to give me a screen shot through the camera. I find that my eyeball interpretation gets me as near as dammit to an optimal FWHM measurement so I stopped bothering with the hassle of getting B-grabber to work. If I can dump a bit of software in my workflow I dump it. Dinosaur!

Olly

Archived