A few firsts for me!

simmo39

Hi all, as some of you may know I have got myself a ASI 1600mm and although I have had a few tests last night was my first proper play and all I can say is wow!. This is my first go with Ha filter, first go with flats and first go with APT in anger!. I did 20 x 4mins at unity gain at -15 and although its a little noisy Im so impressed and cant wait to add the Oii weather permitting.

43840027152_fbff414638_b.jpg

Hints and tips welcome!

1 hour ago, wimvb said:

Looks very good. If you add enough Oiii, you might even reveal the soap bubble. It should be in the field of view.

Thank you, cant wait to add some Oiii to see what it looks like.

1 hour ago, Allinthehead said:

Very nice. Framing is great. Stars look good. Nice flat field.

My advice would be to add another few hours of ha then go after the Oiii. You won't regret it.

Thank you, I will add more Ha but am dying to see the Oiii looks like. On the framing front I need to get the plate solver to work in APT, so far I havent had much luck with it and can see me having to crop the image when I add extra subs.

Archived