Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Short 10x50 session

mark81

Poked my head out the window about 11pm, the clouds had cleared and I could easily make out Andromeda with with my eyes so I grabbed the 10x50s.

Laid back on my bench and went for NGC7000 which was hard to pick out as it was so crisp and clear that the milky way star and dust lanes seemed to swallow it up.

M39 next, again, a little hard to pick out among such rich fields and laying back you do need a steady hand, but still nice to see.

Veil Nebula, had a go at this but didn't have much luck - anyone else seen this with 10x50s ?

Checked out the Double Double in Lyra, I could clearly see the obvious double, but one of the other (if that makes sense) a tripod I guess was needed.

Coat hanger cluster was easy to pick out and is quite satisfying to look at as all the stars seem to stand out so perfectly - definitely a top binocular object.

Over by Cassiopeia I looked at the double cluster which was a great sight - the rich star fields behind really set this feature up.  I think 15x70s on a tripod would be premium for this feature.

Finished off with Andromeda which was the best I've seen it with 10x50s with the glow almost spanning the entire FOV (ok maybe a little optimistic)

All of this is 20 minutes - and the reason I love Bins.

Archived