NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

iOptron CEM25P Current Status

JimothyC

I’m thinking of getting a midsize mount around the £1k mark and the iOptron CEM25P appeals with its portability over the HEQ5. Are there any current users who can give me some feedback. There were reports of it having some torque stalling issues, have these been ironed out? 

It's the same mount as the cem25.

Stalling issues are not common in my opinion compare to the zeq25. They changed the spring adjustment design foe the cem25.

For my copy I never had to adjust the spring just leave it turned in fully. 

Overall I am satisfied with it although I have to admit to not using it for a while now since i have an ieq45 pro.

I would not recommend the avx. It is a marginal mount for AP. Most copies have guide results above 1" RMS. CEM mounts once you get used to them can achieve better.

8 hours ago, cotak said:

It's the same mount as the cem25.

Stalling issues are not common in my opinion compare to the zeq25. They changed the spring adjustment design foe the cem25.

For my copy I never had to adjust the spring just leave it turned in fully. 

Overall I am satisfied with it although I have to admit to not using it for a while now since i have an ieq45 pro.

I would not recommend the avx. It is a marginal mount for AP. Most copies have guide results above 1" RMS. CEM mounts once you get used to them can achieve better.

Oh cool, well that sounds more promising. I might give it a go after all. I do like the centre balanced design over the standard GEM. 

Archived