sgp stuck in downloading image sometimes

Hi using sgp with Pier mounted heq5 mount,filter wheel,focuser USB through à USB to rj 45 link ,everything seems to work fine ,then every now and then when it comes to download thé image,sgp hangs with thé message downloading,has anyone had similar cheers

What make/model is your USB to Cat5 converter and the length of the Cat5 (or Cat6) cable. Cheaper units cannot handle the full USB2 data rate. Those from StarTech, while more expensive work without problems at USB2 speed up to their specified cable length. Image downloading is when the highest data rate occurs.

I have had similar hangs with SGP which cleared with a change of USB cable to the camera.

Alan

Thanks Alan from memory it is startech and it was working fine till i swapped m'y ota to a different ota then back again,was just about to replace thé lan câble with cat6A cable and try,cheers

Ah, so your usb/cat5 looks like it's fine though no harm in swapping it for cat6. It should let it operate over a longer distance. I would try a new USB cable (Lindy or similar) on your camera to see if it gets better. ?

I always spray all my 'outside' connector contacts with ACF-50 before use which has greatly reduced any problems with bad or corroded connections. It also helps with existing contacts which have started to show some corrosion by stopping it developing further and cleaning the existing contacts.

Archived