SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Celestron 127 MAK SLT focussing issues

17 hours ago, Stu said:

I'm sorry but if you were looking at a planet with a high power eyepiece then it would not look like a star. The only explanation I can think of is that you are not managing to line up exactly on the planet, and are looking at a background star

Checking this for sure tonight .... Pretty sure not....but will check again tonight !

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry your scope fell. i have the same one and my early experiences had frustrations and i had it back at the repairers but the only thing needing repairing was me !

However, a fall means you need someone who knows whether it is working properly to have a look at it and if not 'back to the shop".

that said, i have heard of people putting a clothes peg on the focuser knob to graduate the turns more but a spanner may be an SGL first.

good luck with sorting this out.

PS

i had a look again at the photos which are blurry and i found hard to work with. however, the 3rd from the top shows what i assume is the back of the mirror in the centre of the corrector plate  and it looks badly cracked.

does anyone agree with this ?

Archived