Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

Aussie Dave

Mars 09/07/2018 Western Australia

Another Mars processed, taken early morning on the 9th of July 2018.

Captured in SharpCap, stacked in AutoStakkert, wavelets in RegiStax, edited in PaintDotNet.

A 3 minute video was taken with a total of 29230 frames captured, only 10% (2923 frames) of the best frames stacked. I spent some hours on the final stacked image in RegiStax and PaintDotNet to bring out the faint darker areas. The image was also upscaled in RegiStax.

Saxon 8" Maksutov, SkyWatcher EQ5, ZWO ASI224MC, Celestron UV/IR Cutoff filter. Conditions average with brief patches of good seeing from Mandurah, Western Australia.

155647848_01_01_25_l4_ap13129230t10p2923stMarsDustStorm-AstrophotographyWesternAustralia.jpg.1871799744b958ec5215f41d690b6654.jpg

• Like 4

Looking good Dave, and the dust seems to be settling, must have another go at it.

Dave

• Like 1

I think the storm is still raging Dave. I over cooked the image to enhance the darker areas so there's more darker patches than what's actually there. It looked good at the time. I've been trying to work out what region I've captured but I can't work it out.

6 minutes ago, Aussie Dave said:

I think the storm is still raging Dave. I over cooked the image to enhance the darker areas so there's more darker patches than what's actually there. It looked good at the time. I've been trying to work out what region I've captured but I can't work it out.

Someone thought that maybe the higher land was showing through the storm so not your regular shapes.

Dave

• Like 1