Ascom..should I connect or not

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 17/07/2018 at 10:42, Gerry Casa Christiana said:

How are you getting on?

Hey Gerry...managed to get back out and set all my gear up.Had a few problems with  remembering how to get it going so wrote it  all down .I finally managed to image the Veil in Ha.. only light frames and alot of cloud around so only got around 50 mins on it but it was a start...so i haven't  quite got up to Eqmod up and running it all yet. Wasn't quite ready but its next on the list as i really want plate solving added in too. Craig

Veill nebula.jpg

1 hour ago, Craig123 said:

Hey Gerry...managed to get back out and set all my gear up.Had a few problems with  remembering how to get it going so wrote it  all down .I finally managed to image the Veil in Ha.. only light frames and alot of cloud around so only got around 50 mins on it but it was a start...so i haven't  quite got up to Eqmod up and running it all yet. Wasn't quite ready but its next on the list as i really want plate solving added in too. Craig

Veill nebula.jpg

Looks great! Yes once you get Eqmod setup you will use it all the time. Funny really that you are doing the veil in H Alpha I was doing it about 10 days ago but had lots of problems but I was helping a friend so I managed this but it's only 28 minutes in rgb. I'm hoping to add to it in H Alpha. 

NGC_6960_4_x_360_x_30_x_30_copy.thumb.JPG.33c263998747338728bc325b11a90501.JPG

25 minutes ago, Gerry Casa Christiana said:

Looks great! Yes once you get Eqmod setup you will use it all the time. Funny really that you are doing the veil in H Alpha I was doing it about 10 days ago but had lots of problems but I was helping a friend so I managed this but it's only 28 minutes in rgb. I'm hoping to add to it in H Alpha. 

NGC_6960_4_x_360_x_30_x_30_copy.thumb.JPG.33c263998747338728bc325b11a90501.JPG

Thanks..looks great that rgb pic and useful to see what those filters produce on this target.I think I could centre mine abit betrer.Might try again tonight if it s clear.

Archived