Astrodon Blue Tru-Balance E-Series Gen 2: 25x300"
Astrodon Green Tru-Balance E-Series Gen 2: 25x300"
Astrodon Ha 3nm 50mm: 120x600"
Astrodon Red Tru-Balance E-series Gen 2: 25x300"

Locations: SkyEyE Observatory, Extremadura, Spain

Remote hosting at e-EyE in Extremadura, Spain

hesten.jpg

7 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Excellent image, almost starless. What's your secret to get such small stars?

Thank you.
I work mostly with mask, and pixinsight morphological transformation. Start carefully and repeat the procedure repeatedly

Ola S

Thats an image you could sit back and just let the imagination flow for hours, i like it a lot.

Pixinsight Morp.. For me when working with MT. in Pixinsight it always leaves trails of the removed stars even at "size 3", so I can only reduce the stars
max in 1 step. I guess I must be doing it all wrong when I see this pic. How do you do proceed when using MT in Pix, and do you use another software to smooth
out the leftovers of the stars?

12 hours ago, Ceph said:

Thats an image you could sit back and just let the imagination flow for hours, i like it a lot.

Pixinsight Morp.. For me when working with MT. in Pixinsight it always leaves trails of the removed stars even at "size 3", so I can only reduce the stars
max in 1 step. I guess I must be doing it all wrong when I see this pic. How do you do proceed when using MT in Pix, and do you use another software to smooth
out the leftovers of the stars?

Hi, and thanks for the fine feedback.
I'm editing all my images visually, and there are a lot of back and forth with different software. I used MT several times in the process, but I make new mask as the stars grow smaller and smaller. I use some PS, and Capture nx2 and most PI to software. I often sit for many hours, and when the result is finished, I do not always remember the order in the process. But I'm saving many versions all the time
In this picture, I mean and have made a starless version of HA, which I'm imported as a Lum file also in the end

Ok. Thx Ola, tricky it is. I had not tested new mask on every MT done, I have tested several masks though when using MT, but not after each shrinking. Did some tests today actually and that image didn't like star shrink at all
I guess it is as usuall, if you fail, try try again.

Archived