Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Eyepieces

I would like some advice on possible replacement eyepieces for my scope (details in signature)

I have heard about different focal lengths, barlow, filters, focusers amongst other things but to be brutally honest it's confusing the hell out of me!! :crybaby:

What realistic options have I got available to me?

Please help

:undecided::) :) :D :D :D

Right,

With your scope your max magnification will be 300x. (this is your aperture in mm x2)

Your minimum magnification will be ABOUT 30 ( apeture / 5)

You should aim to buy some eyepices with magnifications evenly spaced in between this.

The focal length of your scope divided by the size of eyepiece gives magnification.

so for your scope a 25mm eyepiece will give 750/25 = 38 which is good as your lowest power eyepiece.

The best solution is to purchaes a Barlow lens which doubles your magnification and maybe three

eyepieces to give a nice spread of magnification.

When uner the stars just start with the low power to find things and then increase magnification until the object is no longer clear, then back down until you get a clear image. The highest mag you can use is dependent on the atmosphere more than the scope and so will vary.

There are also some really good eyepiece sets sold by several retailers which cost about 100-150 pounds but give all you need for many years.

Hope this is some help

Archived