Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Home made External Ethernet socket

Bubbles82

Just a quick post for those interested in damp proofing a hard wired internet connection. I was looking around for a modular faceplate external  type socket and after finding a few there was no way I was paying £50 for one so I managed to make one for £12.07 ,the pic shows a external socket available from most diy places which has been modified to hold a modual type faceplate. I personally am only using this for hardwired internet connections to my pier but this would also allow usb and hdmi moduals to be put in an external type housing. Now personally I wouldn’t want to fit this to an outside wall or anything like that but think it’s a good idea when it comes to dew on equipment when obsy is open to the elements while in use. This took all of 2 mins to modify and envolves no cutting or changes to the integrity of the housing.

F62FCAD0-8DF6-4504-8C9D-D1A94FFF1756.jpeg

Archived