Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarium and Comets

Giada

Hi all,

I am trying to figure out how i can select comets to be on the screen at all times, is there a toggle I need to add?  I downloaded the comet list so I am set there.

Thanks!

Giada

Sorry, but seems I'm not well understand your question. Are you want to find the comet on the sky after adding (hint: using "Search window" (F3)) or make visible the comets (or their "markers") on the sky (the visibility of Solar system objects are limited by their magnitudes; hint: see settings for Solar system objects in "Sky and viewing options window" (F4))?

Thanks Alex, I went into F4 and increased Limit Magatude to 22.00, i hope this will show me comets? 

Спасибо. Я люблю ковбойскую шляпу :)

The option "Limit magnitude" set an upper limit for visibility of objects. By default this option is disabled and it mean "all objects".

The main problem for you is... progressive scale for visibility of all objects by their magnitudes and FOV. Especially for Solar system objects you may enable option "Show planet markers" and move slider "Labels and Markers" onto right side. But this is not same as "make visibile all comets".

P.S. The window "Astronomical Calculations" (F10) may be helpful for you also.

P.P.S. Спасибо за шляпу :)

Archived