Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

MCT 150 session

ASSA

hey,
The day before yesterday I passed my first object from the IC catalog. It was a cluster of IC 1276, lowly and bathed in LP, but I managed to close in 32 mm + MCT 150. Right next were NGC 6517 and 6539 which also erased as gray blots. This night was great and MCT was doing fine. With pair of BCO 18 Globular Clusters like M13, M92 and M5 they looked great. M10 and M12 have also beautifully presented their values with one eye.

Planetary Nebula "Tortoise" NGC 6210 beautifully blinked at me at 200x when I watching straight or using averted vision..

The king of the evening for me, of course, was Jupiter, best view of him in entire carrier, very good seeing conditions allowed me to see many interesting features.

I saw a soft North Polar Region

Razor North Temperate Belt

Irregular North Equatorial Belt

The Equatorial zone was gray and not white to which I got used to.

South Equatorial Belt hase a dark markings on (or it was on NEB? I dont remember right now)

Then South Temperate Belt with a poorly visible boundary between South Polar Region.

Of course, sometimes there were more or less details, but the view was very relaxing

Also after 2:00 am Saturn was so high that at 200x in bino he was already showing Cassini's Division on sides. Mesmerizing view.

I always have problems with the correct description of the north/south regions, because I do not pay attention to it during the observation so there may be some small inaccuracies for which I apologize in advance.
I have to go back to keeping notes, this should help to sort out the descriptions.

Regards,

Luke

Archived