Jupiter to "Graff's cluster"

A bathysphere slowly sinks into the dark depths , revealing hidden treasures. As we do , the telescope moves , the focuser glides into focus and treasures spring out of the sky. 

Jupiter settled for a decent view at x150 and up to x200. M5 , once again a sparkling view. What a lovely calm night .

Then low down , but a field of sparkling gems , "Graff's cluster", in Serpens. Just a superb view. Seeing as it wasn't getting much darker , I turned to the very best of Hercules. Sarin is my favourite here. It's quite a job teasing out some of the fainter companions. A bit of magnification will darken the field , but you might lose that tricky B star. OΣ 341 once again gave this multiple star as a small cluster , really charmed.

Here's my notebook , hope you get a chance , forecast is exceedingly good , under 

clear skies ! Nick.IMG_5783.thumb.JPG.bd7e87ba5b69df757e22dc8219ea8ad4.JPG

Archived