Bagged me a meteor (I think)

Check this out.

http://www.gas.uk.net/images/Meteor.jpg

Either its an Iridium flare, not listed in Heavens Above, or a real life meteor. This was at 19:41 BST 8th Oct 2008. Quite chuffed with it really, but I wish I'd caught the fireball about 15 minutes earlier going north to south. That was a monster!

I was trying for an ISS pass, but me and the lad didn't get set up in time, or we didn't see it. Either way I set the camera pointing roughly at Cygnus snapping away doing 20s exposures at f/3.6 with an 18mm lens (18-200VR Nikon for the pedants :) ) and caught this while waiting for feeding time.

I did a load more later or UMa, but they might end up as a movie of clouds wafting past :undecided:

Kaptain Klevtsov

Kaptain Klevtsov

Nice catch KK, it might well be a flare. I've started using Orbitron for predictions of flares instead of Heavens Above. There are a number of extra flares listed on that software, I think they are test satellites instead of the commercial ones.

Archived