M 106 and Friends

Rodd

It will be some time before I have a complete image to post--months at this rate.  But I thought this made nice mono image.  Its quite typical to see a lum or Ha stack as a mono image--but not as frequently the blue channel.  This is 109 2min subs taken with the TOA 130 and ASI 1600.  As is typical of late, conditions were truly questionable for imaging--hazy, with a  bit of a Moon.  I was able to capture some Ha for this target when the Moon rose, and am looking forward to collecting the LR and G data.  I wish I could say it will be soon.  I am averaging about 1 night every 1.5 weeks--and those nights are more often than not washouts.  

I am starting to get used to the ASI 1600. Though I still do not have a clear understanding of how much data I need.  This is about 3.5 hours.   On truly clear, calm nights the small pixels will be a pleasure to have.  There at 2 versions--the first is the one I typically fall back to as the one I prefer.  The second one is pushed a bit further, and may be a bit out of balance for some.  There are a number of faint fuzzies in the background--some not so faint.

B109-2.thumb.jpg.14a9384dc13175407d6f3b68eea9bd31.jpg

5aebc19c61fcf_b109dstars-curv.thumb.jpg.ce8beaaa1e34c993b72256d6367abe33.jpg

42 minutes ago, MarsG76 said:

Great image and composition.

Thanks.  I hope the details in the disc are preserved during channel combination.  Not always the case I find.

Rodd

4 hours ago, Rodd said:

Thanks.  I hope the details in the disc are preserved during channel combination.  Not always the case I find.

Rodd

I Have confidence that it'll be spot on and preserved.

Archived