Auriga Region

I was cruising the beautiful Auriga region last night with my reflector, just taking in all the glorious beds of stars. It was like spacewalking with the wide field My Astroview 6 yields (f/5). Even the little coma near the edge of field isn't enough to spoil the wide view. I always go for the Pinwheel Cluster, M38, and NGC 1907 when I'm in this area and was fortunate to get a decent image (wide-field camera shot only, no telescope, ISO 1600, 3 second exposure, f/5.6, 195mm focal length):

5ad9e0d127dcd_ASTRONOMY-AURIGAREGION4-19-18FIX.thumb.jpg.e206b1efda559ff991ae9ab668bbfa84.jpg

1 hour ago, Demonperformer said:

With the milky way passing through it, Auriga is, indeed, ablaze with stars, the true magnificence of you only get when viewing it with a large fov. Sounds like you had a fun time.

Yes, DP. I always have fun in this area of sky. So so much to see. I can't resist aiming the camera along the path of the Milky Way and seeing what pops up!

Archived