Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

EQ3 Synscan Here I come!

I have loved my Star Adventurer, but due to the horrible light pollution in my location, finding some objects is next to impossible. So, I've bitten the bullet and purchased an EQ3 pro with Synscan. Hopefully I'll be able to now photograph many more objects than I could.

Yes, the added weight is a concern and the fact I now have to cart a large battery with me, but hopefully the results will outweigh the drawbacks!

The SA will now be consigned to Milky Way shots and timelapse with my old Canon 550D and assorted lenses!

A tracer 12v 22Ah battery is not that big and I tested it on my eq3 with 2 dew heaters and lacerta standalone autoguider and lasted for 5 and a half hours. 

My camera uses a 18000mAh ex-pro external battery for canon 550d, 600d and 700d which lasts for at least 10 hours.

You can be lucky and find a cheap one on ebay. I got mine for £140. They are £260 new.20180410_005128.thumb.jpg.948baf0eba21881ef60bac37dabcc04b.jpg

Archived