Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Noise in Astroart 5

Good evening every body, when I am taking Flats and they download to my laptop in the observatory, they look good, like there meant to be, very smooth with a slightly bright center and 4 slightly dark corners, but as soon as I start processing in Astroart 5 there totally unrecognisable :( they are completely full of noise, (any one old enough ! just think back to your old crt tv at night when the transmission signal stopped, that's what my flats look like in Astroart 5, Any one got any ideas what is causing it and is it curable because its making them unusable in the processing stage :( Have I accidently clicked a setting somewhere or is there some other issue going on ?

Thankyou in advance

Carl.

Carl,

Sounds like the levels set for the visible display are the issue.

Look at the right hand side of the image screen, you'll see two small "blocks" one white and one black. These define the display levels - move them up/ down to see the results. Doesn't affect the raw data in the image, only the display.

Archived