Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another Power Box and Distributor

Susaron

Dear Friends,

I would like to share with you the homework I´ve been doing along this unusual rainy winter in south Europe.

Bored of carrying the car jump starters I decided to create my own power box and a power distributor. The main battery according to my needs is a gel Pb deep cycle one rated for 60Ah. On the tool box I have created different paths, two independent cigarrette outputs with independent switches and voltmeters like those ones

https://www.volumerate.com/product/iztoss-waterproof-cigarette-lighter-power-sockets-red-voltmeter-451411?utm_source=vr&utm_medium=alsosee&utm_campaign=product

Both have fuses, being one for the AZEQ5 with a boost converter to provide 13.5V regulated to the mount. The other one can be used either as an auxiliar one or for the CCD.

The third path will rise up to the tube through an AWG12 wire and XT60 connectors to connect with the "tuppeware power distributor", I designed in easyeda a PCB with paths able to withstand around 8A. Four outputs will deliver power for the CCD, the focuser, the dew control and the usb hub and/or miniPC. The PCB has a main 10A diode, a general 8A fuse, four SPDT switches and 4 independent fuses adapted to each output current needs.

I have also recycled an old Turnigy Watt meter to control the overall power consumption.

Best Regards.

Mario.

Attached some pictures.

P_20180404_194748.jpg

P_20180406_000925.jpg

IMG-20180405-WA0009.jpeg

P_20180404_194730.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived