NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Guiding through the LX

bazza

I've just changed over the H9 camera from the LX to the Zenithstar.

No problem getting focus on the Zenithstar.

However, now I have the SXV guidehead on the LX, I cannot achieve focus - well, I can't get any guidestars on the image, that's a fact.

I still have the Moonlite focuser on the back of the LX, will I need an extension tube or more to achieve focus on the LX?

Thanks in advance.

Barry.

Would you have enough clearance for the assembly including an extension to clear the forks Baz.?

Seems strange that. I always thought the focusing on the LX scopes was more than sufficient either way. Would a diagonal addition be a better option? Don't know how that would affect the guiding though.

Ron. :)

Thanks Ron - it's just the LX OTA on a Losmandy mount (sorry, I should have made that clear). I didn't think I would need an extension tube to be honest, but oh my life, how I struggled last night to find any stars on the guide chip!

Somethings not right.

I reckon Dave (Centroid) is best placed to answer this, I have PM'd him, but since learnt he's lying back with his feet up and a can of XXXX in Oz land!

Barry.

I have one of those SXV guideheads Baz, so I hope when I come to use it, I don't have the same problem. I have the Meade LX90 12". On the forks though. If I have any hassle with it, I will use the DSI camera to guide with. :) I will keep an eye on this thread, to see the outcome. I am intrigued now.

Ron. :D

Archived