Help & Advice required on imaging equipment

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, alacant said:

Try the simulator:

sim1.JPG.946a1e1acc7ff26392c106f85d890853.JPGIf it's still cloudy, it would be a great idea to have a read of as much of this as you can take. Also loadsa good YouTube hands on guides.

GREAT. ITS STARTED WORKING !! THANKS A TON ALACANT. I owe you a dinner my friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

After practicing in simulator mode, finally I had the set up out last night. Connected the datyson T7 with my laptop and the guiding post on my mount. But PHD2 was unable to connect to my NEQ6. I am selecting ZWO ASI Camera in the Camera option and EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6 as the mount (since NEQ6 is not showing in the dropdown menu of PHD2.

Tried several time, but was unable to connect. 

I am using 64bit windows 10 laptop.

Kindly suggest if I am doing something wrong. Help...

20 minutes ago, Pankaj said:

I am selecting ZWO ASI Camera in the Camera option and EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6 as the mount

1. Choose ZWO ASI Camera for the camera

2. Choose On Camera for the mount.

If you wish to use EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6 as the mount -recommended- disconnect the camera to mount cable and reconnect directly to usb using this cable instead.

HTH.

On 4/29/2018 at 12:11, Pankaj said:

Thanks Alacant I will try this out.

Another query. How do I focus the Datyson T7 installed in the focuser of my ST 80 guidescope. Should I use the diagonal or insert the camera straight in the focusser's drawtube? 

4 hours ago, alacant said:

Straight through. To reach focus, you'll need an 8cm extension tube (just the tube. I think that one has a t-mount thrown in).

HTH. You must be close now...

Thx for the speedy suggestion. Would I still need it if I were to use a diagonal? Could not test the same as we are having a cloud cover in New Delhi since 3 nights.

Regards.

• 4 months later...

Archived