What is the best order to fit accessories together?

I have the following to fit to my 150PL for planetary imaging this summer:

5 position filter wheel

Atmospheric Dispersion Corrector

x3 Barlow (can either be fitted to a 1.25"barrel or to an normal 1.25" filter thread)

The ADC and barlow have male t-threads as well as a 1.25" bore.

The filter wheel has 1.25"/t-thread adaptors, as does the scope

I can probably fit the three accessories together in any order, but what is the BEST order? or at least what factors should I take into account?

I guess the barlow should probably be closest to the camera - or should it be the ADC?

Do you need to use the ADC if you are imaging through filters?  Just a query as I was under the impression the ADC improves the difference in focal lengths between red and blue light at low altitudes. Might be completely misguded there :p  But if it is that, and you are imaging separate RGB channels, my thinking would be you wouldn't need the ADC also.

ah ok, OSC cameras plus filters are a whole different story, in effect two sets of filters working together or against each other. My gut feeling would be ADC first, but im rubbish at planetary imaging :D

Good luck!

Archived