SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M42 in Ha - made a start

parallaxerr

Made a start on M42 in Ha last night, this is just a quick run through StarTools. I used the same settings as my previous run on the Horsehead, so 600s subs at ISO1600, as a result the core's blown out. I'm happy with the fainter detail, however, framing could be better and some lower ISO subs are needed to bring out detail in the core.

I was suprised at the Running Man not being too visible, it must be low in Ha emissions, maybe OIII or SII would add some detail?

Pretty pleased with the performance of the lowly Star-Travel 120 again, good stars out to the edge using the Baader MPCC and the Nexguide did a great job guiding 600s without any hiccups.

M42Ha20180130.jpg

A good start. No reason why you couldn't add in a separate layer for the core, as you mentioned. But I would also get more of the 10min subs, as there is more to be had. The running man is, I think, mostly reflection nebula?

Archived