NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hoop to stop scope slipping.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm just wondering how much it would cost to get some form or roatating bearing assembly made up. Maybe we can evolve this thread and see what idea's people come up with, and mayve we might find a great design that is cheap to make.

Astro_Baby has made a good start, so come on people, lets put our brains together.

I used scope rings attached to the mount, lined with PTFE. The rings were cut through at the top, and I just fitted snap catches like suitcases had. Breaking the catches released the tension sufficiently to allow the OTA to be rotated to a convenient position, then the catches were snapped back shut. the hook that retained the catch loop, was closed enough, so that the catch could not come off completely. An anti slip ring was in place above the first scope ring to prevent the OTA slipping down when the rings were in the released position, although to be safe I always made the adjustment with the scope in a horizontal attitude.

That was my means of overcoming awkward eyepiece positions, common with Equatorial Mounts.

Ron. :smiley:

Archived