Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Messier 78 - a dusty favourite

Barry-Wilson

7 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

That's a gorgeous image, Barry. This can be quite a tricky object to capture and I've never been happy with my own results on it. It looks particularly nice in this wide field context.

Thank you Steve.  I tried to image this a few years ago with my WO 132FLT at F7 with a Atik 460 and I found the detail lost impact in such a tight frame and image scale at 1"/px.  The framing is always important but for this target I think it is critical to give it some 'elbow' room with sky around the nebula - too much and it's lost, too little and it's squeezed.

On 21/01/2018 at 03:57, morimarty said:

Another cracker from you Barry, simply beautiful.

Thanks Martyn.

On 21/01/2018 at 13:25, Tom OD said:

Top class Barry. 

Tom

Much appreciated from you Tom.

6 hours ago, Shibby said:

What a superb image in every way. Love it.

Cheers Lewis.

3 hours ago, Petergoodhew said:

Truly magnificent Barry - up to your usual standard.  It's amazing what you can achieve with more than one or two clear nights each month! E-eye is really paying off.

It does alter one's perspective on what can be achieved with integration times and mutliple targets each evening maximising altitude/positioning etc.  Whilst this happens in the UK from time-to-time, thos occasions are such a rarity you can never truily realx and capitalise on consecutive nights  . . . just look at this year's UK winter clear sky performance :hmh::evil5:.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived